This post may contain affiliate links, and I may receive a small commission at no cost to you if you click through on a link and make a purchase. Please read my full disclosure here.
Raising a kid is never easy. How much more for 3 boys? Motherhood is a hard journey. But the beauty of motherhood is that you are not alone. There are others who have walked this path before you. And chances are, there’s another mom who’s struggling with the same thing you are.
So, with that in mind, here are a few struggles moms with boys probably experience on a daily basis. As a mom of three boys myself, I can attest to every single one. Keep on fighting the good fight, parents. I see you. The first struggle I had was, there was dirt everywhere regardless how often I tell them to keep everything in place. From the surprise sprinkling during that first diaper change to pulling double duty while potty training our boys, urine is a thorn in the side of every boy mom until, well, forever.
And when it comes to their safety, I assure you nothing comes easy breezy! A lot of boys have no sense of fear when it comes to things like heights and slides, so trying to keep them from trying to fly off of the top of the playground in their cape because they think it makes them magic is actually really stressful.
It was never a question of courage but a mere statement of love when we tend to be overprotective at all times. It’s a healthy challenge to raise someone different than you. To try to relate and understand where they’re coming from sometimes is a very difficult task for any parent, not just moms. Having three boys gets me out of my comfort zone, and out of my head, to embrace a more physical, tactile approach to the world. And notice things I normally wouldn’t. Like the shape of the rocks near the shoreline.
My boys are mischievous and spirited. Curious and carefree. They are energy and wonder and play. They need to move and do instead of just be. They will not sit still and just talk. Or listen. But boy do they know how to live life out loud. They’re good for me. They are my everything – my life.
Do you have any struggles you would like to share with us boy moms?
You May Also Like:
- Parents What Are You Teaching Your Child by Being Inconsistent?
- Simple Tips and Strategies to Help Your Child Succeed at School
- The Balance of Giving your Kids Independence while Protecting Them
- The Day I told my Boys Two Words
- 10 Helpful Books on Understanding Puberty for Boys
- A Mom’s Guide to Puberty for Boys
- How to Effectively Discipline Boys
- How to Raise a Boy with Southern Charm
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- Keep Fresh Produce Longer with FreshWorks Products + Giveaway - October 17, 2017
- Stranger Things 2 Coming to Netflix + Win a 3-Month Netflix Subscription! Ends 10/24 - October 16, 2017
- What’s New in October on Netflix #streamteam - October 16, 2017