A few days ago, we visited a local Strawberry Farm. There, we were able to sample honey, collect strawberries and even take a few of them home. After the kids got their fill of strawberries, I somehow had a ton left over. I decided to make a Strawberry Mojito Lemonade.
This drink is very easy to make and is the perfect refreshing drink. If you have fresh lemons and can make homemade lemonade it is best, but you can also buy already made lemonade or if you are in a rush, the Kool-Aid Version. What makes this drink so great is the way the mint and strawberry intertwine with each other. It is simply delish and perfect for a warm summer day.
You will only need a few simple ingredients to make my Strawberry Mojito Lemonade:
- 20 fresh strawberries
- Freshly picked mint
- Wash/hull & quarter the strawberries.
- Put the strawberries into a blender.
- Puree the strawberries.
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove any larger bits & pieces of strawberry left.
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C water
- Zest from 2 lemons
- Juice from the 6 lemons
- 1 gallon of cold water
- Bring the cup of water to a boil adding the sugar and zest stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour water into a pitcher.
- Add lemon juice, stir well.
- Mix in the simple syrup with the lemon zest, Stirring until the simple syrup has been thoroughly mixed.
- Fresh lemonade
- Pureed strawberry
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Pour half of the lemonade into a pitcher.
- Add half of the pureed strawberry, stir well
- Add ice
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
So what do you think? You can switch this recipe up if you want and use a different fruit and come out with about the same outcome. If you tried out this recipe, share with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and tag us!
- If you are going to a brunch, you can make this ahead of time.
- Muddle some strawberries in the bottom of the glass for an extra twang.
- Garnish with a strawberry and lemon.
Here are a few items I love to use:
Circleware Mojito Sling Glass Cocktail Drinking Glasses Set, 14.5 Ounce, Set of 4, Limited Edition Glassware Drinkware
Disclosure: This post has affiliate links which means if you click on a link and make a purchase I may receive a small compensation that helps to keep Life of a Southern Mom sharing content viewers love.
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- 40 Signs You Are A Mom of Boys - February 20, 2017
- The Cook’s Companion 3.2 QT Ceramic Nonstick 6-in-1 Digital Wonder Pot - February 17, 2017
- 10 Must Make Chili Recipes - February 17, 2017