This post may contain affiliate links, and I may receive a small commission at no cost to you if you click through on a link and make a purchase. Please read my full disclosure here.
This Loaded Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole is a family favorite. We would eat it every night if we could. But I don’t think my midsection could handle that LOL. My son who is an extremely picky eater will eat the heck out of this casserole.
My favorite thing about this recipe, well other than it tastes delicious, is that it doesn’t take much work to prepare. So if you are looking for a fast(ish) meal for dinner. This would be great.
Loaded Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole
1lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes (You can use more chicken if you want)
8-10 medium sized potatoes (I keep the skins on)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs pepper
1 tbs paprika
2 tbs garlic powder
6-7 tbs hot sauce (more or less depending on how spicy you want it)
2-3 cups fiesta blend shredded cheese
1 cup real bacon bits
1-2 cup diced green onions
1. Preheat oven to 500°F.
2. Spray a 9×13 dish with non stick cooking spray.
3. Mix together the oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce in a large bowl. You want to make sure the bowl is big enough to hold all your potatoes after they are cubed.
4. Add the cubed potatoes to oil mixture and stir to coat.
5. Carefully scoop potatoes out and into your baking dish, leaving behind as much of the oil mixture as you can.
6. Bake the potatoes for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through and crispy.
7. Cut up your chicken and add to the oil mixture, stir to coat and place in the refrigerator.
8. When there is 10-15 minutes left on the potatoes, cook your chicken.
9. When the potatoes are fully cooked, remove from the oven and lower your oven to 400°F.
10. Place the cooked chicken over the potatoes.
11. In a bowl, mix together the shredded cheese, bacon bits and green onions. Sprinkle evenly over the casserole.
12. Return to the oven and cook 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Let us know if you try this. We would love to hear what you thought of it!
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- 12 One Dish Dinner Recipes to Crave - September 18, 2017
- Keep Your Family Safe Online with the CUJO Smart Firewall #CUJO - September 16, 2017
- Win the Britax Endeavour Car Seat Giveaway Ends 9/30 - September 14, 2017